Download the full version of the article (in PDF format)
“. V. Krupskaya
«The State of Water in the Zoogley of the Tibetan Milk Fungus and the Effect of Liquid Polydimethylsiloxane on It»
PACS numbers: 76.60.-k, 81.07.Nb, 82.39.Rt, 82.56.-b, 87.80.Lg, 92.20.jb, 92.20.jp
The structure of the hydration layers of water bonded in the symbiont Tibetan kefir grains with a different degree of its hydration (h, g/g) in the air medium and in a contact with polydimethylsiloxane PDMS-1000, whose molecules can penetrate into the intercellular gaps of zoogloea, reducing cellĖcell interactions, is studied by the low-temperature \(^1\)H NMR spectroscopy. As shown, the maximum hydration symbiont is h=32 g/g (dry matter), and the water is in the form of polyasociates (clusters or domains) formed by the weakly and strongly associated water.
Keywords: Tibetan kefir grains, low-temperature \(^1\)H NMR spectroscopy, strongly and weakly bound water, silicon oil
1. A. V. Oleskin, J. Basic Microbiol., 34, No. 6: 425 (1994).
2. V. I. Duda, M. G. Vipov, V. V. Sorokin, L. L. Mityushina, and A. V. Lebedinsky, Microbiology, 64, No. 1: 69 (1995) (in Russian).
3. I. Yu. Safronova and I. V. Botvinko, Microbiology, 67, No. 1: 55 (1998) (in Russian).
4. S. A. Voloshin and A. S. Kaprelyants, Biochemistry, 69, No. 11: 1555 (2004) (in Russian).
5. J.W. Costerton,BeijerinckCentennial. MicrobialPhysiologyand GeneRegulation: Emerging Principles and Applications: Book of Abstracts (Ed. W. A. Scheffers and J. P. van Dijken) (Delft: Delft. Univ. Press: 1995), p. 20.
6. B. Kasemo, Surface Science, 500: 656 (2002).
7. I. A. Smirnova, I. A. Eremina, A. D. Gulbani, and L. A. Ostroumov, Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya Pishchevykh Proizvodstv, 2: 93 (2014) (in Russian).
8. V. V. Turov, V. M. Guníko, and P. P. Gorbik, Voda na Mezhfaznoy Granitse [Water at the Interface] (Kiev: Naukova Dumka: 2009), p. 994 (in Russian).
9. V. M. Guníko and V. V. Turov, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Interfacial Phenomena (New York: Taylor & Francis: 2013).
10. V. V. Turov and V. M. Guníko, Klasterizovannaya Voda i Puti Yeyo Ispolízovaniya [Clustered Water and Its Application] (Kiev: Naukova Dumka: 2011) (in Russian), p. 313.
11. V. M. Guníko, V. V. Turov, V. M. Bogatyrev, V. I. Zarko, R. Leboda, E. V. Goncharuk, A. A. Novza, A. V. Turov, and A. A. Chuiko, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 118: 125 (2005).
12. D. W. Aksnes and L. Kimtys, Solid State Nucl. Magn. Reson., 25: 146 (2004).
13. O. V. Petrov and I. Furo, Progr. in NMR, 54, No. 2: 97 (2009).